Jumaat, 12 September 2008

Man United's Nani: 'Don't Compare Me To Ronaldo'

Manchester United winger Nani has played down comparisons with Portuguese and Manchester United team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo.
21-year-old Nani arrived at Old Trafford from Sporting Lisbon last summer, who also sold Cristiano Ronaldo to the Red Devils in 2003. So given that Nani plays in a similar position, comparisons with Ronaldo were always going to be drawn.
Nani had a mixed first season in the Premier league with United, but did show some signs in his performances of why Sir Alex Ferguson paid Sporting £17million for him last summer.
However, the Portuguese International still aims to be one of the world elite, but insists he is a different type of player to Ronaldo, who is favourite to be crowned FIFA World Player of the Year this year.
“I do not want to be compared with Cristiano Ronaldo,’ said Nani.
“We have different functions and our style of play is different.
“My dream is not to be better than Cristiano Ronaldo, but to be considered as one of the major stars of world football.”
“To be the best I will have to work hard, I believe that I can be stronger and if I do that I will get where I want to be.”

source: http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/man-uniteds-nani-dont-compare-me-ronaldo-5513871.html

Tiada ulasan: